45 mins 10 SERVINGS
INGREDIENTSFor the filling:
- 500 minced mutton
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 45g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup water
- To prepare the filling, heat a pan with some oil on medium heat. Add in minced mutton. Salt and cook until fully cooked, breaking up the meat as you go.
- Add in cayenne and cumin powder. Continue cooking for 1 minute until powder is gone.
- Set meat aside to cool completely.
- To make the dough, add all bread ingredients in a standing mixer bowl.
- Mix to incorporate everything, then knead for 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel to prevent it from drying. Then knead for another 5 minutes.
- Form dough into a log and cut into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and coat generously with butter then place it in a buttered container. Cover tightly with a cling film and leave to rest in fridge overnight.
- To prepare the murtabak, first, coat the working surface generously with some soften unsalted butter. Place 1 ball of dough and flatten it with your fingers. Continue pressing and pushing the dough with the heels of your hand to stretch it.
- Stretch it as thin as possible, until you can almost see through it. Now and then spread some butter on the dough to help the stretching.
- Put 1 egg in the center of the dough. Break the yolk a bit with your fingers. Sprinkle some chopped onion on the egg, followed by previously cooked meat.
- Fold the dough into a square, overlapping in the middle and making sure the filling is fully covered by the dough. Do the same for the rest of the dough balls.
- Lastly, to cook the murtubak, heat some butter in a pan on medium heat. Place the murtabak in pan and cook for a few minutes until the bottom looks crispy. Flip it and continue cooking for a few minutes on the other side.
Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole15 mins3-4 SERVINGS
25 mins4-5 SERVINGS
1.5 hours8 rolls SERVINGS
Sichuan Chicken in Red Oil Sauce15 mins4 to 6 SERVINGS
10 mins4 to 5 SERVINGS
Hot Dogs with Spicy Kimchi Slaw10 mins8 SERVINGS
Cheesy Chicken Mushroom Flatbread Pizza15 mins4 SERVINGS
15 - 20 mins12 SERVINGS
10 mins2 SERVINGS
10 mins6 SERVINGS
40 mins12 pcs / SERVINGS
Mala Chicken Wings with Garlic Onion Mash15 mins4 SERVINGS
5 mins4 SERVINGS
5 mins5 SERVINGS
5 mins2-3 SERVINGS
Sweet Potato Fries & Mala Wings15 mins6 SERVINGS
20 mins4 SERVINGS
5 min4 SERVINGS
15 min4 SERVINGS
Chicken Mee Rebus Drumettes (Airfryer)5 min6 SERVINGS
5 min2 SERVINGS
40 min4 SERVINGS
10 min8-10 rolls SERVINGS
30 min2 SERVINGS
Rice Cooker Claypot Chicken Rice
Hainanese Chicken Rice Recipe Singapore