Chanko Nabe (Sumo Stew)
45 mins 6 SERVINGS
- 6 cups (1,440ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sake --> water
- 1/3 cup (75ml) mirin --> 1 tbsp mirin = 1 tbsp water + 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger juice (use grater and squeeze grated ginger)
- 1½ tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ cup miso (preferably white miso; 8 tbsp)
- 1 pack Sadia minced chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten and halved
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 6 tbsp panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tbsp green onions or scallions, finely chopped
- Chicken meatballs
- 1 pack Sadia beef shabu
- Seafood (optional)
- 14 oz medium-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ head napa cabbage, separate leaves and cut smaller
- 2 negi (long green onion), sliced
- 6 green onions or scallions, sliced
- 4-6 shiitake mushrooms, with stems removed
- 1/4 carrot, sliced for decoration
- Sesame sauce
- 2-3 cups cooked Japanese short-grain rice or 4-6 cups udon noodles
- Gather all ingredients for Chanko Nabe broth. Except for miso, combine the other ingredients in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Spoon several spoonfuls of broth into a small bowl and add the miso. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the miso mixture to broth in the pot, stirring to avoid lumps. Once the miso has been incorporated, do not let the broth boil.
- To make the chicken meatballs, combine the chicken, 1/2 beaten egg and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix them together.
- Once the mixture becomes a little white and well-combined, shape the mixture into a ball. Sprinkle with panko as needed.
- Place the ingredients for stew on the platter.
- Pour ponzu sauce and sesame sauce into individual dipping bowls.
- Cook stew ingredients using portable gas burner/steamboat pot and keep broth at a simmer at all times. Note that vegetables and tofu cook more quickly than the meat.
Beef Shabu Shabu
15 mins2 SERVINGS
5 mins4 SERVINGS
Spiralised Pad Thai Chicken Bowl20 mins4 SERVINGS
30 mins2 SERVINGS
20 mins4 SERVINGS
10 mins2 SERVINGS
20 mins2 SERVINGS
20 - 25 mins6 SERVINGS
10 mins3-4 SERVINGS
10-15 mins4-5 SERVINGS
20 mins4-5 SERVINGS
20 mins5 SERVINGS
20 mins4 SERVINGS
Chicken, Nectarine and Avocado Salad15 mins4 SERVINGS
10 mins4 SERVINGS
Chicken fillet in sesame oil and soy sauce (Steamer)10 min6 SERVINGS
10 min4 SERVINGS
Chicken & Spinach Skillet Pasta10 min4 SERVINGS
Rice Cooker Claypot Chicken Rice
Hainanese Chicken Rice Recipe Singapore