2 hr 8 SERVINGS
- 2 pcs Sadia Pepper Chicken Breasts
- 400g large russet potatoes (2 medium size), cut into 8 pieces each
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- Cooking oil for shallow frying
- Tonkatsu sauce, optional
Step 1: Reheat and dice the chicken
- Reheat the chicken in oven for 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Wait until the chicken is cool to touch and dice it into small cubes. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the onion and potatoes
- Heat a frying pan, add olive oil and fry onion until soften. Dish up and set aside.
- Boil a pot of water, add in potatoes and cooked till soften, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mash up using a fork.
Step 4: Assemble the croquette
- Add chopped chicken and onion to mashed potato, add in salt and pepper. Mix well and leave to cool slightly.
- Shape the potato mixture into oval patties of 80-85g each, leave in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Prepare coating ingredients.
- Coat each patty in cornflour, egg, followed by panko.
Step 5: Fry and serve the croquettes
- Shallow fry the patties in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.